NEH banner

Funded Projects Query Form
One match

Grant number: PG-51093-11

Query elapsed time: 0.047 sec

Save this query
Export results to Excel

PG-51093-11

Ursuline College (Pepper Pike, OH 44124-4398)
Katherine Stricker (Project Director: 05/20/2010 to 01/11/2011)
Mara Dabrishus (Project Director: 01/12/2011 to present)

Preservation Supplies for the Ursuline College Archives

The purchase of preservation supplies and environmental monitoring equipment to improve storage of the college's archival collections including over 330 feet of records, 20,000 photographs, and books and publications. The college, founded in 1871, was the first women's college in Ohio and one of the earliest in the United States. The records document the history of Catholic education in the region and the heritage of the Ursuline Sisters of Cleveland.

The Ursuline College Archives exist primarily to collect, organize, describe, make available and preserve materials of historical, legal, fiscal and/or administrative value to Ursuline College from its beginnings in the middle nineteenth century. Ursuline College is the first chartered women's college in Ohio, and the archives reflect the College's role in the development of women's education. The archives would like to use the Preservation Assistance Grant for Smaller Institutions for the purchase of environmental monitoring equipment, storage furniture, and preservation supplies for the protection and maintenance of the memorabilia and records of Ursuline College. These purchases are directly related to recommendations from a General Preservation Assessment of the archives that was completed by Tom Clareson, the Senior Consultant for New Initiatives, Lyrasis, in 2009.

Project fields:
Interdisciplinary Studies, General

Program:
Preservation Assistance Grants

Division:
Preservation and Access

Total amounts:
$4,646 (approved)
$4,646 (awarded)

Grant period:
1/1/2011 – 6/30/2012